We believe that community, built on Jesus and empowered by the Holy Spirit, is the heart of God’s church; and that church should be engaging with the hearts of its local communities. Through welcome, encounter and adventure, we long to grow in faith and share the good news of Jesus with those around us.
We are looking for someone who shares our faith in Jesus and our longing to see His Kingdom come, who will work alongside us to deepen our community with one another; and encourage and enable us to engage with and love the communities in which God has placed us.
Who are we?
Broadmead Community Church are a people who, through Everyone Welcome, Encountering Jesus and Embracing Adventure, are growing in their life with God We are an active congregation, spanning generations, with a supportive staff team and committed volunteers in Northampton.
Overview of Terms
This is a part-time position (22.5 hours per week) at Broadmead Community Church, the post is a fixed term contract permanent (after a 6-month probationary period) and will include evening and weekend work. The primary place of employment will be Broadmead Community Church; however the role will require working around local community and beyond. The salary will be £20,000-21,000
pro-rata depending on experience, with Job Related Pension and 5 weeks annual leave plus Bank Holidays (Days off in Lieu will be given when work is required on Bank Holidays)
• Oversee and lead the running of the ‘Just B’ Café for the church and community and lead the team of volunteers as well as ensure the café is being run safely and within regulations.
• Lead on creative ways to advertise the café and the various services and groups we offer within the building.
• Oversee the health and growth of community within the congregation alongside the Lead Pastor and the Elders.
• Encourage and enable every area of church life to look outward towards the communities in which God has called us to in mission, sharing the good news of Jesus in word and action.
• Working with the Church leadership, ensuring that community stay at the heart of the church’s life and mission.
• Maintain the safety and well-being of all involved in accordance with the safeguarding guidelines of the church.
Job Responsibilities Within the church:
• Provide support to leaders of church communities.
• Build relationships with different communities both within and outside the church.
• Work with the leadership team and individual ministry leaders to build a vision and strategy for health and growth throughout the church communities.
• Build relationships with individual leaders in the church and help them creatively consider how to look outwards as part of their ministry
• Alongside leadership team, ensure that the wider community is considered and included in the prayer life of the church.
• Build and cultivate relationships alongside the Centre Co-ordinator with other stakeholders, users of the building, community groups and other churches in the community.
• Work with leadership to ensure that the church is developing in cultural competence in order to reach out to diverse communities, considering race, socio-economic background, age, and disability.
• Seek opportunities to share the gospel in the community and explore appropriate and creative ways to do this with pathways into church community groups.
• Alongside the Lead Pastor, Elders and Pastoral Team explore and help facilitate the provision of pastoral care, discipleship and support to individuals and groups in the wider community
• Share and cast vision through preaching, training, and team times.
• Attend the Elders meetings to ensure that community life is kept at the heart of the church’s mission and ministry and make regular reports.
• Work in partnership with the safeguarding team within the church, maintaining the safety and well-being of children, vulnerable adults, and volunteers.
• Engage fully in regular supervision meetings and theological reflection on aspects of your work and attend training, conferences and further education as identified with line manager.
• Attend church staff meetings and prayer meetings and other church events identified with line manager.
• Create necessary support structures to enable resilience and spiritual development (e.g. Community group, prayer support, sabbaths, regular retreats, etc.)
• Keep good administrative systems that will aid and support the work.
• Undertake any other more general and reasonable duties as identified with line manager.
Has a committed Christian faith and believes in the relevance of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to everyday life. Is committed to their own on-going relationship with God and spiritual development through worship, prayer and reading the Bible.
Calling to Community Ministry
Has a sense of calling to community ministry and to serve God and his Church.
Has a qualification relevant to social work or community ministry and significant experience of community ministry.
Able to relate to others both inside and outside of the Church, communicate well and maintain appropriate boundaries.
• Is at present, an active member of the church or is prepared to become a member of the worshipping community at Broadmead; to connect, to serve and to give.
• Fully supports the vision and values of Broadmead and seeks to let them shape their ministry and lifestyle.
• Is committed to the safeguarding of young people, children and adults at risk and will continue to seek suitable training and development to maintain this safety.
Personal Attributes and Skills
• Has experience of setting vision and planning strategy.
• Has experience of leading teams.
• Has a working knowledge of modern technology, productivity software and social media.
• Is able to take initiative and self-motivate while remaining accountable to others.
Able to work well within a team.
• Is reliable, trustworthy, and teachable.
• Recognises the confidential nature of some aspects of the role.
• Has strong communication skills in English.
• Will live locally enough to enable flexible working.
Disclosure & Barring Service
Any appointment will be made subject to the satisfactory completion and return of an enhanced DBS check and references.