Broadmead Community Church are recruiting at this exciting time for us as a church. We are developing the church and new centre to serve the community around us with the love of God. If you love people and a challenging and flexible job that makes a difference, then this could be the right position for you.
Who are we?
Broadmead Community Church are a people who, through Everyone Welcome, Encountering Jesus and Embracing Adventure, are growing in their life with God. We are an active congregation, spanning generations, with a supportive staff team and committed volunteers in Northampton.
To ensure that the building and environment is clean and safe, correctly arranged and to assist with the smooth and efficient running of the church premises, including the rooms for hire.
- Daily general cleaning of the building and reporting any cleaning material shortages.
- Undertake tasks for general handy person, applying the necessary skills in a safe and competent manner.
- To maintain the outside areas when required, including litter picking.
- Ensure that rooms are tidy and arranged as required for each booking.
- If required, return rooms to the standard layout once hirer/user has left (or if appropriate set up ready for next booking).
- Assist Samuels Christian Nursery with necessary tasks.
- Conduct regular checks, both internally and externally, for missing items, defects, damages or breakdowns and report to Centre Coordinator.
- Carry out any emergency spring-cleaning during quieter periods when the building is not in regular use, for example, summer holidays.
- Ensure that the security of the premises is maintained.
Overview of Terms
This is a part-time position (18-20 hours per week) Monday to Friday at Broadmead Community Church, the post is a fixed term contract permanent (after a 3-month probationary period) and will include evening and weekend work. The primary place of employment will be Broadmead Community Church. The salary will be £17,550 pro-rata depending on experience, with Job Related Pension and 5 weeks annual leave plus Bank Holidays (Days off in Lieu will be given when work is required on Bank Holidays).
Broadmead Community Church is an equal opportunity employer.
The appointed person will:
- Be able to reflect the principles and mission of Broadmead Community Church in all dealings with staff, church members and visitors.
- Be able to effectively manage schedules of work.
- Have good interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work with volunteers.
- Be proactive and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Have some knowledge of building maintenance procedures and be able to perform basic maintenance/repairs, showing an awareness of health and safety procedures.
- Be able to climb stairs, use ladders and step ladders safely, and do medium to heavy work including lifting and moving furniture.
- Be able to attend appropriate training as required.
- Will preferably live locally enough to enable flexible working.
- To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing application date: Wednesday 2 June 2021
- Interview date: Thursday 10 June 2021
- Start date: Monday 21 June 2021
Any appointment will be made subject to the satisfactory references.